Generally, ATM users are split evenly between males and females. The average household income is $55,000 or more. Furthermore, ATM users are typically college educated and convenience oriented. And certain psychographic predictors can be targeted by utilizing our networks.
Things to Consider
- There are almost 400,000 ATMs in the US.
- There are over 13 billion ATM transactions annually.
- ATM customers spend an average of 20 to 25% more than non-ATM customers.
- Over 200 million Americans have an ATM card.
- On average, ATM users withdraw $80 and spends $30 immediately.
- The average ATM user visits the ATM 8 times a month.
- 80% of ATM transactions are based on impulse decisions.
ATM User Profiles
- 59.4% of all males
- 50.7% of all females
- 75% of all people between the ages of 18 and 34
- 68% of all people between the ages of 35 and 44
- 70% of all people between the ages of 45 and 54
- 67% of all people between the ages of 55 and 64
- 36% of all people 65 years or older
- 30% of all people with income under $20K
- 42% of all people with income of $20K - $29K
- 55% of all people with income of $30K - $39K
- 60% of all people with income of $40K - $49K
- 60% of all people with income of $50K or more
- College Educated 76.0%
- Some College 28.7%
- High School 28.9%
- Suburban 58.3%
- Urban 25.4%
- Rural 5.3%
Reason for using ATMs
- Convenience 63.3%
- Near office 5.6%
- Near home 15.7%
When ATMs are used
- On the way to work 34.9%
- On the way home 7.8%
- Convenience 34.7%
- Shopping 12.7%
ATM users are more active, spend more money, and enjoy entertainment more than non-ATM users.
Source: Chain Store Age Executive